San Romualdo

The church, with Latin cross structure and three chapels per side was built on the design of Luca Danesi (1958-1672) for the near monastery of the Camaldolesi monks from Classe. Built in place of the church of San Bartolomeo in Turricola it was dedicated to Saint Romualdo, founder of the Hermitage of Camaldoli. The Napoleonic requisitions prohibited its use for religious purposes. Since 2004 it has been a museum.

Click here to see the buildings in the surrounding area on the map