Madonna del Torrione

This octagonal plan building was erected between 1728 and 1730 on the remains of a late 15th century bastion of the ancient town walls, called Zancana tower, from the name of the Venetian podestà Andrea Zancan. As a reminder of the circular ancient tower we can find the remains of the marble barbicans. The church was rebuilt completely in 1789 demolishing the previous structure excluding the lateral chapels and the apse finely decorated by Domenico Barbiani (1714-1777).

Click here to see the buildings in the surrounding area on the map