Santa Maria Maddalena

This church is also called “dell’Adorazione” and was built on the project of the Camaldolesi monk Fausto Pellicciotti da Lucca (?-1752). It has one nave only with two little side chapels. It was built on the remains of another church called Santa Maria in Luminaria. Inside we can find paintings of the 18th century inspired to Magdalen, the altarpieces are by Andrea Barbiani (1708-1779), whose brother Domenico Barbiani (1714-1777) collaborated to design the facade of the Baroque apse.

Click here to see the buildings in the surrounding area on the map