Palazzo Grossi

It belonged to the capitan Cesare Grossi who fought with the Venetian army conquering the city of Pavia.  On the facade, the building preserves the doorway set onto three steps, the window sills made of stone held up by corbels of the 16th century with the shapes of heads all different from one another. A wide lateral doorway, that gave access onto a yard was demolished at the beginning of the 20th century to make room for another building; above the arch, there used to be a marble bust which portrayed the captain. The building went from the Grossi family to the Monaldini family and in 1917 to Giovanni Pollini who changed it into a printing shop.

Click here to see the buildings in the surrounding area on the map