San Domenico

It was built in the 13th century by the Preaching Fathers of Saint Domenic (Padri Predicatori di San Domenico), along the Padenna channel, together with the Dominican convent, suppressed in 1797. Between 1699 and 1703 the church was nearly entirely rebuilt on the project of the Roman Giovanni Battista Contini (1641-1723). On the facade, on the sides of the entrance door we can still see the pointed arches that have now been infilled, where the burials were once placed. Inside, important works by artists dating back to the late Renaissance and Neoclassic times.

Click here to see the buildings in the surrounding area on the map