It was built in the 5th century at the times of bishop Pietro II (494-519 A.D). Outside, the ancient quadri-portico was substituted by a circular bell tower in the 15th century. During restorations at the beginning of the 20th century, carried out by the Superintendent of Monuments of Emilia Romagna Giuseppe Gerola (1877-1938), all the Baroque additions were demolished and the small portico and two mullioned window were added to the facade. The inside has three naves with Corinthian columns and capitals of the 6th century. The painting is by Luca Longhi (1507-1580) and it represents Saint Agatha between Saint Catherine of Alexandria and Saint Cecilia.