Santa Giustina

This circular shaped church, the only one of its kind in Ravenna, was built following the drawings of Gianfancesco Buonamici (1692-1759), author also of the nearby Duomo (Cathedral), on top of an ancient building of worship of the 8th century. The building was commissioned by the “Confraternity of the SS. Sacramento”, who moved there leaving the decadent church of Santa Giustina in Capite Porticus, the ruins of which can still be seen in Via R. Gardini. Inside we can find an apse wall with frescoes by Domenico Barbiani (1714-1672) and an altarpiece by Francesco Longhi (1544-1618).

Click here to see the buildings in the surrounding area on the map