Santa Maria del Suffragio


It was built at the beginning of the 18th century for the Confraternity of the Beata Vergine dei Suffragi. It is a work by Francesco Fontana (1668-1708), Carlo Fontana’s son; it is purely Baroque with an octagonal plan and corresponding chapels at each side. The two order facade, has statues and bas-reliefs by the Ravennati sculptors Celio e Giovanni Toschini (17th-18th century). Inside there are precious paintings by Andrea Barbiani (1708-1779).

Click here to see the buildings in the surrounding area on the map