This Baroque cathedral was built of the project of Gianfrancesco Buonamici (1692-1759) after the demolition of the ancient Ursiana basilica, commissioned at the beginning of the 5th century by the archbishop Orso. The cathedral has a Latin cross structure with three naves and has a large arched portico. The neoclassic dome with elliptical plan which substitutes the original one in 1780-1782 is by Giuseppe Pistocchi (1744-1814). Inside there is a marble ambo dating to the period of bishop Agnello (557-570). The circular bell tower dates back to the 10th century.

Click here to see the buildings in the surrounding area on the map